Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My new blog! And it's all about teaching (mostly)...

I have decided to create a reflective blog about teaching. I decided to do this partly because teachers are now required to keep a 'reflective journal' as part of the requirements for teacher registration, and partly because I've always wanted to start a blog where I can discuss things that I am passionate about but I've had no idea what to blog about. 

I think an online journal-blog will suit me better than a written diary as I type much faster than I write, my typing is highly legible, and this way I can share my experiences with other teachers who may wish to comment and discuss. Also, I am a regular user of the internet so I will have no excuses for not updating regularly. Ideally, I would like to update every day - it is definitely best to reflect at the end of the day on your teaching, I believe - however, I think every second or third day is a more realistic goal, as the job is very demanding and I also think it's important to simply relax and forget about things sometime. 

I will try and stay focused on reflecting on my teaching i.e.. how my lessons went and why they went like they did, although I do reserve the right to rant on about anything I want to from time to time, especially if it's related in any way to education :-)

And now I have to think about what I'm going to write in my first post...eek.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My first journal publication

Kia ora! I'm not sure anyone really follows my blog anymore - it's been a couple of years since I last posted. Having a second chi...